Night Service at St Mark's, Broomhill happens every Sunday evening and is approximately 45 minutes in duration. We are currently trialling a new start time of 7pm.
It is a simple act of worship using silence, music, readings and prayer to create space to 'be' - in the presence of God and in the company of others.
Whatever form Night Service takes, it always includes at least 10 minutes of silence.
Drawing inspiration from the person of Jesus, Night Service assumes no creed or religious affiliation beyond an open mind and an inquiring faith.
Some vital ingredients
- Contemplative and reflective with intentional use of silence and stillness.
- Non-dogmatic whilst encouraging exploration and creativity.
- Sanctuary space – inclusive, relaxed, embracing, affirming.
- Music and singing that amplify the theme or style of the service.
- Experiential and multi-sensory
- Making connections between spirituality, lifestyle and discipleship.
- Prayerful and biblically inspired.